The League are holding the AGM as a virtual meeting on Zoom on Monday 22nd June. It is important that all Club Secretaries, or their representative, who wish to enter a team in the League are present at the AGM. Contact Hugh Gilmour on email: firstname.lastname@example.org for your invite.
Minutes of AGM 2018/19
Minutes of Wallasey Junior Football League AGM
held at the Withens Lane Sports and Social Club, Wallasey
on Monday 17th June 2019.
Committee C.Day. H. Gilmour. D. Reid. W. Sandham. M. Harrison. B. Price. S. Tomlinson. R. McGlynn.
Club Representatives. A.C.Hoylake. Ashville. Birkenhead Yth. Glenavon. Greenleas. Hope Farm. Manor. NB.Saints. Peninsula Stars. Shafts Yth. The Rakers. Upton FC. Wallasey Wanderers. Young Lions. Wirral Scorpions. JFC Greasby. Cheshire Vikings. Liscard Panthers.
1. Apologies….Heswall FC. F. Anderson. G. Amos.
2. Minutes of 2018 AGM approved.
3. Matters Arising…None.
4. Presentation of awards….Winners of the Man of Match…Most Sporting teams…and the John Box trophy Award.
5. Chairmans address…. Charlie said that I stood here last year and said this was to be my final season I must keep my promise to my family and so I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody on the committee and all the club secretaries and coaches for your support over the years.
I have enjoyed my time on the committee but all good things have to come to an end and so after 30 plus years involved with junior football it is goodbye. Although I have agreed with Hughie that I will continue as treasurer until a suitable replacement is found.
Now to sum up last season, we started on a downer with Cheshire FA taking our girls section and putting them in an existing League based at their headquarters and naming it as Wirral Division.
We had promised to put on a “winter program” and this we did but the weather last season was not as bad as in previous seasons. The cost of the pitches and loss of income from the girls section has left us with a big financial loss for the season. I would like to thank those clubs who continued to support the League through this difficult period and hope that you will continue your support as we move to a Sunday only League.
6. Secretary’s Report…. Hugh said that Charlie had said most things he was going to say. It has been hard this season getting all things together and sorting out things differently but we got there. As the Chairman said finance has been tough but we still managed our Futsal and Woodchurch venues. I would like to say thanks to Ashfield, Glenavon and New Brighton Saints for the use of their grounds for our finals. A big thank you to you the clubs for getting all correspondence to me on time. The committee has worked tirelessly this season
And I would like to say a big thanks to them. The sad part now is to say thanks to Charlie our Chairman and stalwart of our league I’m sorry to see him go, Bill Price another very important FA rep member of our Committee is also departing our ranks he also has been with us a long time. Peter Trodden for his work as Mini Soccer co-ordinator. Once again a big thank you to all of you.
7. Treasurer’s Report…Charlie said that everyone should have a yearly report to look at. There were no questions.
8. Fixture Secretary’s Report. Sandie said that all three 11×11 cups were achieved at every age group and 11×11 league winners and runners up were identified including the additional Spring and u/12 Futsal leagues.
Just 1 game in the 15s was not played due to CFA investigation and as of now no outcome has been reached
However this did not impact on the final standings within the u/15s League table.
It was said that any team wanting to play up an age group would not be allowed to drop back down after a handful of games. Teams doing this must complete the current league they are in and then can apply to the Committee to change divisions/age group etc. if an additional league is started ie. Spring league.
Sandie thanked everyone for their assistance over the season and looked forward to working with them next season in some capacity but would be stepping down as fixture Secretary.
9. Fixture Secretay’s Report u/12s. Mike thanked the u/11s & u/12s managers and coaches for their support throughout the season, particularly in relation to the timely submissions of match day scores. This allowed me to update results and league tables in a timely fashion. In conclusion he stated that he hoped all clubs would join us in season 2019/20.
10. Cups Secretary’s Report…. Glenn not in attendance but had asked Charlie to say that all cups had gone well and thanked everyone for their help.
11. Referee Secretary’s Report….Charlie had taken over from Rob McGlynn during the season and said that he had managed to cover all games and thanks to all the referees for their help.
12. Registration Secretary’s Report…Hugh said that everything had gone really well all season, thanked all the clubs for their help and looked forward to next season.
13. Registration Secretary’s Report Mini Soccer….Stu said thanks to everyone and hopes more teams will join next season.
14. Record Secretary’s Report….Donna said a huge well done to all the winners tonight. A big thankyou to all coaches and club secretaries for getting scoresheets in special to Rakers and Upton for sending whole club sheets in on one email. I will be asking club secretaries of bigger clubs to be doing this next season. Also next season registrations will be done via the Whole Game System with whom I am working. I will contact contact club secretary’s in near future when this is up and running. All that is left is to say is good luck next season.
15. Welfare Officer’s Report….Charlie said that most things had been good with few problems which were all sorted out, behaviour on line has improved but could be better.
16. Mini Soccer Report…Peter not in attendance as he has resigned from his position, so Chairman said that all trophy events and games had gone well thanks to Peter.
17. Election of League clubs, full list not available at this time.
18. Constitution of the League… This will be done when we have all info on clubs and teams.
19. Election of League Officers….
Referee’s Secretary….. Wayne Sandham.
Welfare Officer…………..Mike Harrison.
20. Rule Amendments … None.
21. Commencement of Season…Early September.
As there was no other business the Chairman closed the meeting.
Date of next meeting……15th July. 2019.
C. Day……Chairman H. Gilmour….Secretary.
The League meetings are now held at Misty Blues, Manor Road, Liscard CH44 1BY. Beware of parking in Grosvenor Car Park. Cars can be locked in!
There have been complaints about parking at the Delph on Withins Lane and Brookfield Close. Please park legally and respect the surrounding properties. We have been informed that the police have been alerted to the situation. Fines have been issued in the past!
Proof of identity and registration has to be provided for a player to be able to play in WJFL. Coaches should print their team sheet off WGS.
All ID badges need renewing for this season. Application forms are on the website under downloads. Mike Harrison is the new LWO and applications should be sent to him together with £2 per applicant. This season badges will only be issued to coaches/assistants who have an in date CRC and Safeguarding Certificate.
New Referee Fees 2019/20:
5v5 = £10 7v7 = £16 9v9 = £20 11v11 = £24
Player Registration Forms available on “League Downloads”
The procedure to be followed for pitch inspections in case of poor weather are contained in the League Rule Book Para 10(B)(vi)
(vi) In the event of poor weather and the effect this may have on playing conditions the following procedures MUST be adhered to.
A request for a pitch inspection MUST be made to the Referees Secretary no later than the Saturday afternoon for the inspection of the pitch to be carried out on the following Sundaymorning. In the case of Saturday fixtures the request must be made no later than Friday Afternoon. Once requested, the Referees Secretary will appoint a Panel Referee to assess the condition of the pitch and advise accordingly. ONLY THE PANEL REFEREE shall have the power to decide, at that time, on the condition of the pitch and if it is suitable for the game to proceed. Subsequently every effort will be made by the Management Committee to notify the Team Manager and/or Club Secretary of the decision to play, postpone or transfer the fixture to an alternative venue.
Failure to request a pitch inspection on or before the required deadline will require both teams to travel to the venue and await the decision of the Match referee or appointed Match Official.
All coaches in Cheshire MUST have an ‘Accepted’ FA Criminal Records Check by 28 February 2017.
As part of a safeguarding compliance operation by The FA, as of midnight on Sunday 15 January every single team in Cheshire had a coach attached to them, averting the need for any clubs to be suspended. We now require all of those coaches to have an ‘Accepted’ FA Criminal Records Check (CRC) dated within the past three years.
Parking when using the Delph- DO NOT park in front of the black gates of the large white house near the school gates on Withens Lane. This entrance gets used and the owner of the house has complained that last week they could not get in or out. Anyone parking there runs the risk of getting a ticket.